PASS provides information, support, and referral services relative to all members of the adoption and permanency planning constellation (i.e., birth family members, permanency and adoptive family members, children who joined family by adoption/permanency planning, adult adopted individuals), across the lifespan, pre and post-placement. Consultation, education and support are also available to community partners including but not restricted to mental health practitioners, adoption and guardianship workers, and lawyers (i.e., OCL).
Professional, adoption competent consultations are available to social workers, adoption workers, mental health therapists and any community partners serving constellation members by telephone and email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1-877-ADOPT20 ext. 2888.
I didn't know where to start looking for a therapist and ACO staff took the time to evaluate our specific needs and provide us support
- "The facilitators are so experienced, so supportive and knowledgeable, trustworthy."
- "We feel understood like no other place about our adopt[ion] journey"
- "This group was LIFE CHANGING!! I wish that every prospective adoptive family could be a part of a group. We cannot imagine our family's life without this group."
- "This group helped me survive parenting and helped us [as] a couple survive our marriage."
- "It is a safe and supportive setting in which to share our struggles and worries. Most participants have said that the group was the only place where they felt comfortable doing that."
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about groups in your area. email@example.com
When appropriate, PASS will connect adoptive and permanency
planning caregivers who are interested in attending or providing a parent-led support to the ACO Parent Liaison for information and referral.
When appropriate, PASS will connect adoptive and permanency planning caregivers who are interested in attending or providing a parent-led support to the ACO Parent Liaison for information and referral.
Consultation is also available to community partners, including mental health practitioners, adoption workers, and social workers.
Very impressed by the service and support that ACO provided. The response was quick and the information was very high quality.”