Supporting our Families and People through COVID-19
- All of our scheduled Adoption Matters webinars (many of which are live; all of which include live Q&A's) will be FREE for the month of April.
- Three of our Adoption Matters webinars as well as a video made for professionals about Understanding the Adoption Lens will be made available "on-demand" throughout the month of April so you can watch them at your convenience.
- Our How to Adopt webinar this month is free.
- We will be hosting a "virtual" Pathways follow-up session via Zoom for alumni each week during April.
- We will be hosting a "virtual" touching base session for those adoptive families waiting to take Pathways.
- We are also working with our trainers on a few new webinars that will be available via Zoom during the month.
- We are working on making our Pathways training program for adoptive families available virtually.
- We are working on making some of our NTL “Training for Humans” program available virtually.
- We are working on making our ACT training program for professionals available virtually.
- AdoptOntario staff continues to be available to support AdoptReady families and other families interested in adopting.
- The Parent leads of our parent support groups have been invited to meet regularly with our Parent Liaison, Sylvia Gibbons, via Zoom for support - both individually and as a group of leads.
- Parent leads are now able to use our Zoom link to hold "virtual" parent support group meetings.
- NTL families needing support are meeting with our NTL program Co-ordinator Kate virtually.
- Families needing support can also contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be hosting some "virtual" Pathways alumni kids hangout sessions via Zoom with our great childcare providers in April.
- NTL youth team are now planning a virtual Youth in Care event for May 14 (5/14). Details to follow.
Our goal during this challenging time is to be there for all of you who have been touched by adoption and permanency journeys. There are wonderful opportunities during these "stay at home" days to deepen our attachments and relationships within our families, but, there are challenges too. We understand this and want you to know that we are walking this journey with you.
If you have any other suggestions for how ACO can be of assistance please let us know at email@example.com.