BECOME A MEMBER OF THE ADOPTION COUNCIL OF ONTARIO
The Adoption Council of Ontario (ACO) invites you become a member of our organization.
Members play an integral role in the governance of the Adoption Council of Ontario. Members are distinct from volunteers in that members have important legal rights and obligations as determined by legislation governing not-for profit corporations. These rights relate to the governance of the Adoption Council of Ontario and include, among other things, the right to:
- attend and participate in annual and other meetings of members;
- receive and review the annual financial statements;
- vote on matters put forward for approval, including the election of directors;
- hear about any other business, including reports on ACO’s program progress;
- approve the by-laws and any amendments; and
- approve significant changes to the purposes of ACO.
We encourage volunteers and interested individuals to consider adding to their important role within the adoption community, by choosing to actively participate in the governance of the Adoption Council of Ontario as a member.
By applying for membership, you are offering to play an important role in ensuring that the purposes of the Adoption Council of Ontario are being met.
Memberships are renewed annually at the beginning of the month after our Annual General Meeting. Your personal information will be used to administer and maintain your membership, and to keep you informed about the work, membership issues, and events of ACO. ACO will not disclose or share your personal information except where required by law.
Who can become a member?
To be a member, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- live in Ontario
- have never been convicted of an offence under the Criminal Code,or under the laws of any Canadian jurisdiction, respecting the safety or welfare of children
How to apply to become a member
Register Online - Please complete the application form for new or renewing membership
Or Download PDF Form and submit it via one of the following methods:
• Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mail to: Adoption Council of Ontario – 36 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 503, Toronto M4R 1A1
• In person: at the above address
• Fax: 1-877-543-0009