We know that fundraising is difficult, but we also know that you care about doing your part to work towards a community where all children have a family forever. So we wanted to help you out!
We asked FunWalk participants if they had tips for people participating in FunWalk. One person said “I am terrible at fundraising so I just donate the money myself”.
That’s actually a great place to start. Try donating a small amount to your own campaign before asking others, it shows you cause is already being supported.
You can even ask friend and family members to match the donation you already gave!
Here are six more fundraising tips by you, for you!
- "DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK!! People are always nervous about asking for money; don't be. It's a great cause that your friends, family, and colleagues would be proud to support"
- "We hosted a party for a special event and asked people to sponsor us instead of getting us gifts"
- "Share your stories and let people see how it impacted your life and how the ACO helped on your journey"
- "My sons started a bottle collection that we will continue throughout the year"
- "Ask your friends and coworkers to sponsor you"
- "Try to ask in person"
Not yet registered for FunWalk?
If you are having trouble please let us know, we are happy to help.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't want to miss a post?
If you would like to be a guest blogger, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sign up for our newsletter for news about adoption and adoption related events.